Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Happy National Day

National Day!!! Happy 40th Birthday Singapore!

Hope everyone's got a good break from school, from work. :)

My National Day was spent with my family... In fact the celebration started on the 8th evening. My family and I went to KTV and we sang overnight till 3am the next day! Havoc eh... my whole family, all 6 of us just love to sing... :p

So, the 9th, all of us were sleepy and woke up late.

Afternoon... I put in a dvd- My Sassy Girl to watch with my family. This's the second time watching it already, first time caught it in the theatres with Zonghe. It's a very touching story about to love and being loved in return... :) Towards the end of the movie, they mentioned that love is creating a bridge of chance to meet the special someone (again)...

It also teaches me a lot. Things like letting go and to love again... The girl in the story took like more than 4 years before letting go of her boyfriend (who was dead) and finally accepting someone new. I think love is like that, it is something so deep inside that we cannot control... Even as she learns to let go, a part of him will always be with her.

I think it's a story about courage too. About putting the past behind and moving on. It's such a painful process and takes such a long time for pain to subside, but she did it. So, that's really remarkable.

At the same time, the guy was also so cute... Be so willing to wait for her for 2 years... and through these 2 years learn all sort of skills like swimming, like squash and all... These are things that they did together but which he always lost to her... Think it's really sweet of him to improve himself for her sake. Could tell that the person he was before and after meeting her was such a better person. :) I think love does wonders to people. It lifts people up! :) Makes people change for the better (hopefully! :p)...

Yeah.. and it's a story about not giving up on love. :) Even after 2 years of wait and she didn't turn up under the tree... he continued to wait for her... Yup... so wonderful... reminds me of the shen2 diao1 xia2 lv3 (Legend of the condor heros ;p)... Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu made a deal to meet up after 16 years and even after so long, their love for each other never die...

Yup, they're all stories... stories to inspire us. Dunno if such things really happen in life, but I think it's something very possible...


Yup... that was my Tuesday at home. :)

Share more movies with you all another time. I love to watch movies... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger chekloo said...

erhm, px... yang guo and xiang long nu is 16 yrs... =P

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home